Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions for use of Prowess Investments (Pty) Ltd (“Prowess Investments”) website:
- Ownership & Copyright
- Copyright on all information, material and logos (hereinafter referred to generally as “material”) made available through this website are protected by both national and international intellectual property laws. Accordingly, any unauthorised copying, reproduction, retransmission, distribution, dissemination, sale, publication, broadcast or other circulation, or exploitation of this material will constitute an infringement of such protection.
- The copyright in all material of Prowess and all its subsidiaries published on this website shall continue to vest in Prowess Investments. A visitor’s access to this website, and the information contained on it, does not in any way convey or transfer any right in or to the intellectual property rights of Prowess Investments. Without derogating from the aforegoing, Prowess Investments hereby authorises you to view, copy, download to a local drive, print and distribute the content of this website, or any part thereof, provided that: –
- such content is used for personal information purposes only; and
- such content is used for non-commercial purposes. You are expressly prohibited from incorporating any of Prowess Investments’ proprietary material from this website in any other work, publication or website either of your own or belonging to any third party;
- any reproduction of Prowess Investments’ proprietary material from this website or portion thereof must include this notice in its entirety
- The trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on this website are registered or in the registration process. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any trademark without the written permission of the owner thereof.
- Content & Information
- Content and Information (“information”) on this website is intended to provide general information regarding Prowess Investments and its products and services and is not intended to provide exhaustive treatment of any subject dealt with.
- The information on this website including, without limitation, all research, opinions or other content is therefore not intended, nor does it constitute financial, accounting, tax, legal, investment, consulting or other professional advice or services. Before making any decision or taking any action, which might affect your personal finances or business, you should consult your own professional advisors.
- This website could include technical, typographical or other inaccuracies and you are urged to contact Prowess Investments to confirm all information contained on these pages prior to placing reliance thereon. Changes are periodically made to the information herein and these changes will be incorporated in new editions of this website. Prowess Investments expressly reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to alter or amend any criteria or information set out in this website without notice.
- No Offer
No information or content contained on these pages should be construed as an offer by Prowess Investments. All services offered by Prowess Investments are subject to signature of the requisite application forms and other documentation relating thereto and are governed by the standard terms and conditions of Prowess Investments in respect thereof. Prowess Investments shall not be bound in any manner until a formal written agreement has been entered into. Prowess Investments reserves the right to reject in its discretion any application submitted for services contained on this website.
- Transmission of information
Your attention is drawn to the fact that information transmitted via the internet, including without limitation e-mail, is susceptible to monitoring and interception. You are therefore discouraged from transmitting to Prowess Investments any information, which may be confidential, proprietary or sensitive. You shall bear all risk of transmitting such information in this manner and under no circumstances will Prowess Investments be liable for any loss, harm or damage suffered by you as a result thereof. Prowess Investments reserves the right to request independent verification of any information transmitted via e-mail and you consent to such verification should Prowess Investments deem it necessary.
- Links to third party sites
Prowess Investments may provide hypertext links to websites or webpages on the internet that are operated by third parties. Visitors are advised to use caution and discretion when searching or accessing such links. Under no circumstances does Prowess Investments take responsibility for the content and/or services or products offered on third party websites or webpages that may be linked to this website and Prowess Investments gives no warranty, guarantee and makes no representation in respect of such linked websites or webpages.
This website and the information contained therein is provided “as is” and without warranty whether expressed or implied thereto. Without limiting the generality of the aforegoing: –
- Prowess Investments does not warrant that the website or information will be error-free or will meet any particular criteria of accuracy, completeness or reliability of information, performance or quality. Prowess Investments expressly disclaims all implied warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, title, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy; and
- while Prowess Investments has taken reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of this website and its contents, no warranty, whether express or implied is given that any files, downloads or applications available via this website are free of viruses, trojans, bombs, time-locks or any other data or code that has the ability to corrupt or affect the operation of your system.
- Risk & no liability
Your use of this website and the information contained therein is entirely at your own risk and you assume full responsibility in respect of any loss or damage resulting from the use thereof. Neither Prowess Investments, its affiliated companies, holding company, subsidiaries or subsidiaries of its holding company, or their officers, agents, consultants or employees, shall be liable for any direct, consequential or indirect loss or damages suffered by a visitor or any other person relating to the use of this website or the information contained therein.
The visitor hereby indemnifies Prowess Investments and its suppliers from and against any and all losses, liability, cost or damages suffered or incurred by a visitor or any other person arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or any other website that can be accessed from this website, however, such loss or liability may occur, and whether such loss or liability is foreseeable, financial, personal, consequential, incidental or otherwise.
If any of the foregoing is not fully enforceable for any reason, the remainder shall nonetheless continue to apply.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of South Africa in respect of any disputes arising in connection with the services referred to herein, or these terms and conditions or any matter related to or in connection therewith.
- Product disclaimer
Investors should take cognisance of the fact that there are risks involved in buying or selling any financial product and that past performance of a financial product is not necessarily indicative of the future performance. The value of financial products can increase, as well as decrease over time, depending on the value of the underlying securities and market conditions.Hedge funds are declared regulated financial products under the Collective Investment Schemes Control Act.
The information provided on this website does not constitute a solicitation, invitation or investment recommendation and, prior to selecting a financial product or fund, it is recommended that investors seek specialised financial, legal and tax advice.